Lightsey Center, Room 216
Spring Semester 2015 Updates
New drop in hours (no appointment required) for a quick 15 minute meeting with a Career Center staff member: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 1-4 pm; and on Wednesdays meet with an employer during our Employer in Residence Program (EIR) from 1-4 pm.
Take Advantage of Our Services
- Students & Alumni: Search for jobs and internships using CISTERNonline - where the Career Center posts part-time jobs (on and off campus), full-time post graduate job opportunities, and internships.
- Employers: List your jobs/internships here.
- Resume and Cover Letter Information and Critiques (by appointment or during our drop in hours, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 1 - 4 pm)
- Career Counseling and Career Decision Making Resources and Assistance
- Career Events and Career Fairs - see the Calendar below!
- and much more! Explore the menu to your left or the Additional Resources and Quick Links at the bottom of the page for more resources!
Spring Career Fair 2015
The Spring 2015 Career Fair will be held on Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Students/Alumni: List of Participating Employers
Student/Alumni Guide for the Career Fair - read this link! It will answer most of your questions about attending our Career Fair.
Employers/Recruiters: Registration is by invitation only. To request an invitation, please email the name of your organization and website, the contact person's name and email address, as well as the types of positions for which you are recruiting to RobinsonL@cofc.edu.
Federal Work Study Information
Important information for departments employing Federal Work Study Students!
If you are employing a student that will be graduating in May, please remember that their last day to work as a student employee will be Thursday, May 14, 2015. Please submit a termination contract to the Career Center prior to Thursday, May 14, 2015 using the electronic hiring form that can be found on My Charleston under the My Forms or Employee tab. It is the responsibility of the Hiring Department to terminate all contracts of Graduating Student Employees. If you plan to have them work in your department after they graduate, please use the Temporary Employee hiring process through Human Resources. Before submitting a termination or a temporary appointment for your graduating senior please make sure the student employee will not be taking any additional classes for credit hours after the posted graduation date. If so please speak to Student Employment before termination or submitting a temporary appointment.
Students: You’ve been awarded Federal Work Study , what do you do now?
- Make sure you know exactly what Federal Work Study is and how you use it. Click here for more information about Federal Work Study.
- Log into MyCharleston and accept your award.
- Log onto CisternOnline and start looking and applying for jobs!