Lightsey Center, Room 216
Take Advantage of Our Services
- Drop-In Hours: Quick 15 minute meeting with a Career Center staff member: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 1-4 pm; appointments may be scheduled by calling us at 843-953-5692.
- Employer In Residence: Meet 1:1 with employers. Most Wednesdays 1-4.
- Employers on Campus and Career Events: See calendar below.
- Resume and Cover Letter Information and Critiques: (by appointment or during our drop in hours, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 1 - 4 pm)
- Career Counseling and Career Decision Making Resources and Assistance
- For Additional Resources and Quick Links: Explore the menu to your left or scroll to the bottom of the page
Students: Log into MyCharleston, click on the Student Services tab.
Employers: List your full-time, part-time (on and off campus) jobs, and internships.
Alumni: Log in/request an account, complete your Profile and start using CougarJobLink.
View more Career Spots Videos here!
Fall 2015 Career & Graduate School Fair Events
Career & Internship Fair
Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Stern Student Center Ballroom (4th Floor)
STM Career Fair
Thursday, October 29th, 2015
Stern Student Center Ballroom (4th floor)
**Career and Internship Fair- Registration for employers closed
To see a full list of recruiters log on to CougarJobLink in MyCharleston and click on Career Events & Workshops
Graduate & Professional School Fair
Wednesday, November 11th, 2015
1:30 - 4:00 pm
Stern Student Center Ballroom
Open to all students and all majors! Visit with participating graduate schools to find out more about their admission requirements and/or to ask questions of admissions representatives.
Information for Registered Graduate Schools
Student Employment Updates and Information
Tidbits for Student Employment:
- Federal Work Study (FWS) dates for 2015-2016: August 25th - May 5th 2016*
- FWS Employment Deadline for 2015-2016 (for students to find employment before aid is cancelled and awarded to someone else): September 30, 2015*
- Last day of student employment for Fall 2015 graduating seniors: Friday, December 18, 2015*
- Last day of student employment for Spring 2016 graduating seniors: Thursday, May 5, 2016*
- We are asking departments to refrain from submitting the electronic contract and submitting the New Hire packets until June 15, 2015 for any contract starting after June 30, 2015.
- The last day to use paper contracts for New Hires or for Update/Change/Terminations is July 1, 2015. (This does not include RA/TA/GA contracts). After July 1, 2015, all contracts must be submitted electronically using Axiom. (Axiom can be found on MyCharleston under the "My Forms" tab).
* These dates are subject to change
Information for Students: You’ve been awarded Federal Work Study , what do you do now?
- Make sure you know exactly what Federal Work Study is and how you use it. Click here for more information about Federal Work Study.
- Log into MyCharleston and accept your award.
- Sign in to your MyCharleston, log onto CougarJobLink and start looking and applying for jobs!