Lightsey Center, Room 216
Spring Semester 2015 Updates
New drop in hours (no appointment required) for a quick 15 minute meeting with a Career Center staff member: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 1-4 pm; and on Wednesdays meet with an employer during our Employer in Residence Program (EIR) from 1-4 pm.
Take Advantage of Our Services
- Students & Alumni: Search for jobs and internships using CISTERNonline - where the Career Center posts part-time jobs (on and off campus), full-time post graduate job opportunities, and internships.
- Employers: List your jobs/internships here.
- Resume and Cover Letter Information and Critiques (by appointment or during our drop in hours, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 1 - 4 pm)
- Career Counseling and Career Decision Making Resources and Assistance
- Career Events and Career Fairs - see the Calendar below!
- and much more! Explore the menu to your left or the Additional Resources and Quick Links at the bottom of the page for more resources!
View more Career Spots Videos here!
Spring Career Fair 2015
The Spring 2015 Career Fair was held on Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Students/Alumni: Did you miss the Career Fair? Her is a List of Participating Employers
Student Employment Updates and InformationSummer Tidbits for Student Employment:
- Contracts must be terminated for graduating seniors by Thursday, May 14, 2015. A termination is only required if the graduating senior's contract extends beyond May 14, 2015.
- We are asking departments to refrain from submitting the electronic contract and submitting the New Hire packets until June 15, 2015 for any contract starting after June 30, 2015.
- All Federal Work Study (FWS) contracts must end on May 10, 2015. If you wish to continue employing the student after May 10th, you will need to submit a new hire contract and indicate that your department will be responsible for 100% of the student's pay.
- The last day to use paper contracts for New Hires or for Update/Change/Terminations is July 1, 2015. (This does not include RA/TA/GA contracts). After July 1, 2015, all contracts must be submitted electronically using Axiom. (Axiom can be found on MyCharleston under the "My Forms" tab).
Information for Students: You’ve been awarded Federal Work Study , what do you do now?
- Make sure you know exactly what Federal Work Study is and how you use it. Click here for more information about Federal Work Study.
- Log into MyCharleston and accept your award.
- Log onto CisternOnline and start looking and applying for jobs!