Lightsey Center, Room 216
Drop in hours (no appointment required) for a quick 15 minute meeting with a Career Center staff member: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 1-4 pm; appointments may be scheduled by calling us at 843-953-5692.
Take Advantage of Our Services
- Students: Log into MyCharleston, click on the Student Services tab, and then find CougarJobLink. Complete your Profile and start searching for part-time on and off campus jobs, internships, post-graduate job opportunities, and more!
- Employers: List your full-time, part-time (on and off campus) jobs, and internships using CougarJobLink!
- Alumni: Log in/request an account, complete your Profile and use CougarJobLink to search for job opportunities listed with the Career Center.
And don't forget we offer all of the following as well!
- Resume and Cover Letter Information and Critiques (by appointment or during our drop in hours, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 1 - 4 pm)
- Career Counseling and Career Decision Making Resources and Assistance
- Career Events and Career Fairs - see the Calendar below!
- and much more! Explore the menu to your left or the Additional Resources and Quick Links at the bottom of the page for more resources!
View more Career Spots Videos here!
Spring Career Fair 2015
The Spring 2015 Career Fair was held on Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Students/Alumni: Did you miss the Career Fair? Her is a List of Participating Employers
Student Employment Updates and Information
Tidbits for Student Employment:
- Federal Work Study (FWS) dates for 2015-2016: August 15 - May 5, 2016*
- FWS Employment Deadline for 2015-2016 (for students to find employment before aid is cancelled and awarded to someone else): September 30, 2015*
- Last day of student employment for Fall 2015 graduating seniors: Friday, December 18, 2015*
- Last day of student employment for Spring 2016 graduating seniors: Thursday, May 5, 2016*
- We are asking departments to refrain from submitting the electronic contract and submitting the New Hire packets until June 15, 2015 for any contract starting after June 30, 2015.
- The last day to use paper contracts for New Hires or for Update/Change/Terminations is July 1, 2015. (This does not include RA/TA/GA contracts). After July 1, 2015, all contracts must be submitted electronically using Axiom. (Axiom can be found on MyCharleston under the "My Forms" tab).
* These dates are subject to change
Information for Students: You’ve been awarded Federal Work Study , what do you do now?
- Make sure you know exactly what Federal Work Study is and how you use it. Click here for more information about Federal Work Study.
- Log into MyCharleston and accept your award.
- Sign in to your MyCharleston, log onto CougarJobLink and start looking and applying for jobs!