Lightsey Center, Room 216
Spring Semester 2015 Updates
New drop in hours (no appointment required) for a quick 15 minute meeting with a Career Center staff member: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 1-4 pm; and on Wednesdays meet with an employer during our Employer in Residence Program (EIR) from 1-4 pm.
Take Advantage of Our Services
- Students & Alumni: Search for jobs and internships using CISTERNonline - where the Career Center posts part-time jobs (on and off campus), full-time post graduate job opportunities, and internships.
- Employers: List your jobs/internships here.
- Resume and Cover Letter Information and Critiques (by appointment or during our drop in hours, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 1 - 4 pm)
- Career Counseling and Career Decision Making Resources and Assistance
- Career Events and Career Fairs - see the Calendar below!
- and much more! Explore the menu to your left or the Additional Resources and Quick Links at the bottom of the page for more resources!
Spring Career Fair 2015
The Spring 2015 Career Fair will be held on Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Students/Alumni: List of Participating Employers
Student/Alumni Guide for the Career Fair - read this link! It will answer most of your questions about attending our Career Fair.
Employers/Recruiters: Registration is by invitation only. To request an invitation, please email the name of your organization and website, the contact person's name and email address, as well as the types of positions for which you are recruiting to RobinsonL@cofc.edu.
Federal Work Study Information
Important information for departments employing Federal Work Study Students!
Your contract should fall within the following dates if you are employing a federal work study student for the 2014-2015 year:
Full Academic Year: August 9, 2014 through May 10, 2015
Fall 2014: August 9, 2014 through December 10, 2014
Spring 2015: January 2, 2015 through May 10, 2015
Students: You’ve been awarded Federal Work Study , what do you do now?
- Make sure you know exactly what Federal Work Study is and how you use it. Click here for more information about Federal Work Study.
- Log into MyCharleston and accept your award.
- Log onto CisternOnline and start looking and applying for jobs!