Resumes and Cover Letters
The key to landing interviews is crafting a resume or CV which is carefully customized to the individual job, employer or career field. Learn how to do this now; it is a skill you will use throughout your life!
- Developing an Effective Resume (PDF format) - a guide from the Career Center containing tips, action verbs, a resume worksheet, and several sample resumes.
- E-mail Resume Tips (PDF format) - important information to know BEFORE emailing your resume to employer!
- Resume Work Sheet (PDF format) - a good starting point when beginning to write your resume.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) Definition and Sample
- Education Resumes
- Hospitality Experience and your Resume
- Importance of a Portfolio
- Additional Helpful Weblinks for resume preparation
- Federal Style Resumes- Go Government
- Cover Letters - Contains sample cover letters as well as a sample thank you letter.
- Education Cover Letters
- E-Mail Cover Letter Tips (PDF format)
- Additional Helpful Weblinks for cover letter preparation